The Perfect Get-Togetha Braai WhatsApp Competition
Unilever WhatsApp Competition
Terms & Conditions: Competition Dates: 07 Sept – 15 Dec 2023
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”) and Vetro Media is
the “Promoter Agent”.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a
valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is only open to participants over the age of 18.
4. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency
with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or Promotional
materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and
5. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner,
employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any
person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their
spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
6. By participating in this competition participants are asked to Opt In to receive future
marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. The participant is under no obligation
to Opt In in order to still enter the promotional competition.
7. All personal information (‘Personal Data’) supplied by participants shall be processed
in accordance with South African data protection legislation and the Promoter’s Privacy
8. This promotional competition is open from 07 September 2023 and ends at 12am
(midnight) on 15 December 2023. Any entries received after the closing date will not be
9. To enter, participants will be required to enter their details on the whatsapp
10. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given
incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms
of the rules.
11. The prize consists of a R1 000 hamper sponsored by Unilever.
12. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one month of notification will be
13. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable.
14. A single person/ID number may only win 1 Prize per competition.
15. One (1) participant will be selected as winners (the ‘Winner’) to receive a Prize.
16. The Winner will be contacted via SMS at the end of the duration of the
17. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw on the 15 December 2023
and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details.
The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner three (3) times on
the day of draw after their name/number is drawn.
If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted
during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in
accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
18. The Prize winners will be contacted by Promoter “agency” where agency will require
the winner to furnish agency with the aforesaid required details within three (3) days of
confirmation of telephonic call, agency will make a delivery to the prize winner. If the Prize
Winner cannot be contacted, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected
in accordance with the rules.
19. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to require documentation or comply
with any of the competition requirements within 1 month will disqualify the Winner and a
new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
20. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or
incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as
proof of receipt.
21. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element
relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
22. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed because of any
network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending
will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is
suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise
frequently falsifying data.
24. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications
automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries
will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
25. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple cell phone details or other tactics to enter or
vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries
and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial
contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-
swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and
entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to
the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify
26. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity
purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the
However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written
notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att:
27. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional
competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if
circumstances arise outside of their control.
In the event of such change or termination, all
participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional
competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its
28. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable
endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of
29. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors,
officers, or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct,
indirect, consequential, or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be
suffered by the participant or the Winner.
30. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the
promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
32. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by,
or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that
they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone
33. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from
all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms
34. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant
which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or
defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise
inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
35. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they
upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s
copyright or other intellectual property rights.