Pumpkin & Chickpea Tagine
Robertsons Paprika marries earthy pumpkin and chickpea flavours in our hearty and flavourful vegetarian tagine. Every bite is an explosion of taste! Enjoy with crusty bread or steamed couscous.
- 1 kg Pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 410 g or 1 tin Chickpeas, drained
- 3 x medium Onions, diced
- 4 large cloves Garlic, minced
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 x medium sized fresh red chilli, deseeded & chopped
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Robertsons Paprika
- 2.5 ml or ½ Tsp Robertsons Black Peppercorns (ground)
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Robertsons Cumin
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Robertsons Coriander
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Robertsons Turmeric
- 10 ml or 2 Tsp Robertsons Cayenne Pepper
- 50 g Sultanas
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 750 ml or 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 800 g or 2 cans chopped Tomato
- 100 g Turkish Apricots, diced
- 80 g Baby Spinach
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp fresh Mint, finely chopped
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- Robertsons Salt to taste
- Get a large cast iron pot or Tagine base onto the stove top at a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, onions, garlic, chilli & ginger, sauté until translucent.
- Add the spices and sauté for a further 3 to 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the cubed pumpkin, brown sugar, chickpeas & tinned tomato, stir well to combine.
- Stir in the Turkish apricots & sultanas. Reduce the heat and put the lid into the pot or tagine, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Remove the lid and stir in the baby spinach, fresh coriander, mint & lime juice, simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Enjoy with toasted flatbreads or couscous.
- Without milk
- Nut Free