Savoury Potato Waffles
A light, fluffy and crispy savoury mashed potato waffle, topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, avo slices and herbed vegan yogurt sauce
- For the herbed vegan yogurt sauce:
- 80 g (6 Tbsp) of vegan yogurt
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Knorr Greek Light Dressing
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 7.5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons Black Pepper
- A handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 60 g (a handful of) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- For the potato waffle batter:
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 30 g (2 Tbsp) vegan butter
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Knorr Aromat Original
- 7.5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons ground white pepper
- 250 g (1 cup)) vegan cheese, grated
- For the roasted tomato Topping:
- 250 g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 15 ml (Tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Robertsons Masterblends Rustic & Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- For serving:
- 150 g (1) avocado, sliced
- Whisk together herbed vegan yogurt sauce ingredients in a small bowl then refrigerate until needed.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with a pinch of salt. Add potatoes and boil until soft. Drain water and transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with vegan butter, Knorr Aromat Original, Robertsons ground white pepper and vegan cheese.
- Cook waffle batter in a pre-heated waffle iron in batches until golden and crispy. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- While cooking the waffles, pre-heat the oven to 180 °C. Place tomatoes on an oven sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with Robertsons Masterblends Rustic Garlic & Herb seasoning. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Assemble by topping the waffle with roasted tomatoes, avocado slices and a dollop of herbed yogurt sauce.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.