Mouth Watering Cabbage Rolls
These delicious cabbage rolls that are jam packed with delectable flavours of fragrant garlic, tender chicken livers and fresh parsley. Enjoy as a light meal with a simple salad or your favourite starch.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp butter
- 250 g chicken livers
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Robertsons Garlic Salt
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 250 ml or 1 cup of cooked rice
- 410 g or 1 can of chopped tomato
- 250 ml or 1 cup of chicken stock
- 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup of fresh parsley to serve.
- Boil the cabbage head for 10 minutes.
- Cut the base off and remove 10 large leaves.
- Cut the vein out of each leaf. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the chicken livers and season with the Robertsons Garlic Salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes, remove, leave to cool then roughly chop.
- Heat the oil in the same saucepan and fry the onions and peppers for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken livers and rice and mix well.
- Place a heaped ¼ cup of chicken liver filling onto a cabbage leaf and fold in from the bottom and roll up, tucking in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining leaves.
- Place the rolls into a large oven proof dish, seam side down.
- Pour over the tomato sauce, cover and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Scatter with chopped parsley and serve.
- In a separate pot, mix the can of tomatoes and stock and simmer for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.