Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Super tasty baked eggplant (aubergine) with rich Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise, sweet tomatoes, garlic and Parmesan cheese. A big, hearty and warming dish full of flavour.
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about 125 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (16 g)
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) tomato paste (optional)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, undrained - (400 g)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 medium eggplants (800 g) peeled if desired and cut into 1/4 - inch slices
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs or Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (about 250 g)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (125 g)
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.