Lentil and Mushroom Lasagne
Everyone loves a luscious, cheesy lasagne, and this vegetarian version of a beloved family favourite is so delicious that no one will complain that it doesn’t contain beef mince! For convenience, use tinned lentils and tomatoes, plus a sachet of Knorr Classic White Sauce, and serve piping hot with a crisp green salad.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 ml Robertsons thyme
- 500 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant (about) 300 g, cubed
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 2 x 400 g tins chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 43 g (1 sachet) Knorr roasted vegetables veggie bake
- 2 x 400 g tinned brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr Classic white sauce, made according to packet instructions
- 8 dried lasagne sheets
- 200 g grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and thyme. Sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and brinjal and cook until they are golden and their liquid has evaporated.
- Add the tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, 250ml water, and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake.
- Stir well, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until thickened. Add the lentils and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Make up the Knorr Classic White Sauce according to the instructions on the packet.
- To assemble the lasagne, spread half of the lentil mix in a medium-size baking dish. Top with enough lasagne sheets to cover, then spread over a third of the Knorr Classic White Sauce. Repeat this process so you have two layers. Top with the remaining Knorr Classic White Sauce and then the grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.