Cauliflower and Potato Bunny Chow
Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder adds another taste of home to these deliciously spicy vegan bunny chows, which feature cauliflower and potato as star ingredients. Add peas from the freezer plus Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce, and your healthy family dinner is on the table in just over an hour.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely chopped
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 15 ml Rajah Mild and Spicy Curry Powder
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 750 ml water
- 48 g (1 sachet) Knorr Savoury Mince Dry-Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 large head (about 700g) cauliflower
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1.5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 4 quarter-loaves brown bread
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft.
- Add the tomato paste, Robertsons Crushed Chillies and Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder, and fry for a further minute.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, potato cubes, 750ml water, and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce. Simmer with lid on for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now cut the cauliflower into florets, add them to the pot and simmer with lid on for a further 25 minutes, or until all the vegetables are cooked. Add the peas and cook for another five minutes. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Pull out most of the soft insides of the quarter-loaves of bread, leaving the crust intact. Scoop the curry into the hollows and top with some of the bread you pulled out. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.