White Bean Chilli
Try this great recipe for white bean chilli. Knorr Vegetable Stock, cumin and fennel are mixed to create a fragrant paste, which is then rubbed into the slices of pork belly. The smoothness of the beans combined with the salty pork is mouth-watering.
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 30 ml olive oil, divided
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 2 ml fennel seeds
- 400 g pork belly, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2400 g tin white beans, drained
- 250 ml water
- Heat the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot in a small saucepan with 15 ml of olive oil. Add the cumin and fennel seeds, stir to make a paste.
- Rub the paste into the belly pork slices and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and green chillies and cook for 5 minutes, until onion has softened. Add the pork belly. Stir for a few minutes until the pork is combined with the onions and beginning to brown.
- Add the beans and the water. Bring to the boil. Transfer to an oven proof casserole dish, cover with a lid and place in the oven for 45 minutes, until the mixture is thick and fragrant. Stir and put back into the oven uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.