Roasted Butternut Fritters
Transform your leftover mash and butternut into Legendary Butternut Fritters.
- 2 cups butternut, roasted and mashed
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 60 ml Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 15 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 1 ml salt to season
- Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 10 ml brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted butternut, mashed potatoes, Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise, flour, brown sugar and Robertsons Cinnamon. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add more flour if mixture feels too wet.
- Liberally coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with vegetable oil and place it over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, scoop a heaped tablespoon of the mixture into the pan.
- While the bottom of the fritter cooks, make sure to splash the top of the fritter with hot oil and press down lightly into rounds, spacing them at least 6 cm apart. Don’t overload your pan.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining mixture.
- For extra sweetness, sprinkle the fritters with sugar as they come out of the hot oil.
- Without milk
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.