Spicy Cowpea Quesadillas
Cowpeas, one of Knorr’s Future 50 Foods ingredients, make a delicious, nutritious filling for Mexican-style quesadillas. Spice them up with Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Tomato Base, add fresh veggies of your choice, then layer them with cheese between flour tortillas. The cowpea mixture in this recipe is so versatile – we’ve given you a double quantity so you can use half of it to make a delicious starter: Spicy Cowpea Hummus!
- 1 cup black eyed peas (cowpeas)
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 packet (48 g) Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 3 cups of Knorr vegetable stock pots
- 2 cups of chopped fresh vegetables
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.