Spicy Cowpea Hummus with Crunchy Vegetables
Do you know that you can use cooked cowpeas to make a deliciously spicy version of everyone’s favourite Middle Eastern dip, hummus? This recipe has a bonus – you can save half of the cowpea mixture for filling cheesy Mexican-style quesadillas!
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas (cowpeas)
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pots (dissolved in 3 cups of hot water)
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 500 grams (2 cups) tortilla chips
- 250 grams (1 cup) sliced carrots
- 250 grams (1 cup) sliced cucumber
- 250 grams (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams (1 cup) sliced peppers
- Nut Free
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.