Spicy Chipotle Bean Chilli
A bowl of spicy goodness enriched with a Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and served with a topping of fresh coriander leaves and sour cream or yoghurt. Chipotle paste (and similar pastes made with smoked chillies) is available in speciality food shops. Serve this quick, easy vegetarian dish with wild rice, which is one of the Knorr Future 50 Foods.
- bunch fresh coriander
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cubed
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 15 ml chipotle paste
- 400 g tinned red kidney beans, drained
- 30 ml tomato paste
- 500 g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 100 ml water
- 5 ml Robertsons dried oregano (Origanum)
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 8 soft corn tortilla wraps or tortilla chips to serve
- dollop of Greek yoghurt (or sour cream), to serve
- Cut off the stalks of the coriander (set the leaves aside for later) and put them in a mini-chopper or food processor with the onions and carrots. Press the pulse button a few times to chop the vegetables finely.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chopped onions, carrots and coriander stalks, along with the garlic, red pepper and chipotle paste. Stir-fry for a few minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the drained beans, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, water and origanum, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium-high heat, for about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Divide the chilli between four bowls and top with the reserved fresh coriander leaves, plus a dollop of sour cream or Greek yoghurt.
- Serve with wild rice, or corn fajitas, or with some tortilla chips on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.