Bolognaise with Broccoli, Spinach and Peas
This tasty take on a beautiful bolognaise is lean, green and filled to the brim with great, healthy ingredients like broccoli, spinach, peas and celery. Now you can enjoy a real meaty and delicious family favourite with all the added benefits that green vegetables provide.
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, trimmed and finely chopped
- 140 g or 2 x medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 400 g tinned whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 1 large courgette (zucchini), grated
- 100 g broccoli trimmed cut into florets
- 50 g green peas
- 50 g baby spinach leaves
- fresh oregano (origanum) to taste
- 1 packet (48 g) Knorr spaghetti bolognaise dry cook-in-sauce
- 4 servings (224 g) of spaghetti to serve
- In a pan, brown the onion, garlic and celery in 2 tbsp of oil for 5 minutes. Add the mince and cook until well browned. Add the carrots and tomatoes.
- Add the zucchini, broccoli florets and green peas, stir through and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 400 ml water to the pan, stir in the contents of the pouch and the tomato paste and bring to the boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach leaves just before serving with the fresh oregano. Serve with spaghetti.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.