Mince and Potato Bake
A winning family recipe using simple ingredients – potatoes, onions and beef mince! The magic happens when you pour a creamy sauce made with Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce over the layers to create a deliciously different potato bake!
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 1 x 48 gram sachet Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- 350 ml water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cover the potatoes with boiling water and parboil them for about 7 minutes, or until the outsides are beginning to soften. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft. Add the beef mince and fry until well browned.
- Cut the parboiled potatoes into slices, and place a layer into the bottom of a greased ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of mince, and then another layer of potatoes.
- Continue to build the layers and finish with a potato layer.
- Empty the contents of the sachet of Knorr Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce into a jug, add the cream and water and mix well.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the layers and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and golden brown on top.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.