Oven Baked Rosti
This oven baked rosti recipe is a hearty, indulgent dinner-time meal. Grated potato is stirred through crispy bacon, onions, peas and cheese, all flavoured with Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Bake for and hour, until the cheese topping is golden brown.
- 1 kg waxy potatoes, washed and peeled
- 300 g bacon, chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 100 g frozen peas, defrost
- 100 g gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, until half cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat a frying pan. Add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat, until bacon starts to brown. Add the onion and half of the oil. Cook for 3 minutes, until onion has softened and bacon is crispy. Reduce to low heat, add the Knorr Vegetable Stock pot and cook for 2 minutes until stock melts.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, grate them coarsely into a bowl. Toss with the remaining olive oil and stir through the bacon, onions, peas and cheese.
- Spread out the mixture evenly into an oven proof dish. Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the potato is cooked through and the top is crisp and golden.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.