Spicy Pilchard Macaroni Bake
The Spicy Pilchard Macaroni Bake flavoured with Knorrox Beef Stock Cubes is quick and easy to make for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1/2 packet (250) g macaroni
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cooking oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 2 tinned pilchards in tomato sauce bones removed
- 3 fresh finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) frozen mixed vegetables
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Cook the macaroni according to on-pack instructions then drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion, green pepper and garlic until soft.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and fry for one minute to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the deboned pilchards together with the tomato sauce, chopped tomatoes and Knorrox Beef Stock Cube and allow to simmer for 5 minutes breaking up the fillets a bit with a spoon.
- Stir in the frozen mixed vegetables and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the pilchard mixture with the cooked macaroni and transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and bake in the oven until the cheese begins to melt then serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.