Hearty Sausage Stew with Samp and Beans
A comforting meal the whole family will love! It’s easy to make this one-pot sausage and red pepper stew using store-cupboard ingredients: tinned samp and beans, a can of chopped tomatoes, and a sachet of Knorr Roast Meat Gravy. If you don’t eat pork, use beef, chicken or vegetarian sausages instead.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2.5 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 2 red peppers, chopped into chunks
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 34 g (1 sachet) Knorr roast meat gravy
- 2 x 400 g tins samp and beans
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pot or casserole dish over a high heat. Add the sausages and quickly colour them all over. Remove and set aside.
- Turn the heat down, then add the onion and garlic. Sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft and golden. Add the fresh thyme, red pepper, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Roast Meat Gravy. Stir well and add the pork sausages. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are cooked.
- Add the samp and beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the samp is hot. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Serve hot with a fresh garden salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.