Chicken Neck Stew
A super-simple one-pot family dinner that won’t break the bank. Slowly simmering chicken necks in a spicy tomato and onion gravy produces a beautifully tender, flavoursome result. Serve with pap, rice or steam bread.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 750 g chicken necks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 1 x 50 g packet Knorr Chakalaka Soup
- 15 ml Robertsons chicken spice
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 250 ml McCains frozen diced carrots
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken necks on all sides. Add the onion and the Rajah mild & Spicy Curry Powder, and fry gently until the onion is soft.
- Add the contents of the sachet of Knorr Chakalaka Soup, the Robertsons Chicken Spice, the water and the tomatoes, and stir well. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken necks are cooked through.
- Add the McCain Diced Carrots (no need to thaw them first) and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot with mashed potato, pap or rice, and green vegetables on the side.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.