Simple Tomato Bredie
A classic heritage dish in the Cape Malay tradition, tomato bredie is made with mutton, vegetables and a selection of fragrant whole and ground spices. How about putting our simple version of this South African favourite on the table tonight?
- 45 ml (3 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 ml Robertsons Ground Cloves
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Robertsons Black Pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons Crushed Chilli, to taste
- 1 Robertsons Cinnamon Stick
- 1 kg mutton, cubed
- 2 x 410 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Knorr Brown Onion Soup
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.