Crispy Tofu with Spring Onions, Mung Beans and Bambara Groundnuts
A fusion of Asia and Africa, this nutritious meal hits the spot for those that love variety in one bowl. Tofu, while vegan, is packed with protein and the firm variety will hold its shape and absorb the flavours of the Knorr Chakalaka Soup.
- 2 litre (8 cups) water + extra, for the sauce
- 215 g bambara groundnuts (find at select Indian grocery stores and African markets)
- 215 g dried mung beans
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 297 g box firm tofu cut into cubes
- 125 ml (½ cup) canola oil
- 45 ml Knorr chakalaka soup
- 300 ml water
- 2-3 spring onions, thinly julienne, and placed in a bowl of ice water, to curl
- handful fresh purple basil to garnish (optional)
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.