A South African favourite, bredie is always a delicious choice. This Tomato Bredie with the strong Knorrox flavours of Mutton Stock Cubes and Knorrox Mutton Soup will delight your family and friends.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 Robertsons crushed chilli
- 1 Robertsons cinnamon stick
- 500 g mutton cubed
- 1 tin (410) g chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 Knorrox mutton stock cubes
- 4 medium potatoes peeled & quartered
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Knorrox Mutton Flavour Soup mixed with 60 ml (4 tbsp) water
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Crushed Chillies and Cinnamon Stick.
- Add the mutton and fry until well browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water and Knorrox Mutton Stock Cubes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and sugar, and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Mix the Knorrox Mutton Flavour Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the bredie. Simmer for a further 5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with yellow rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.