Roast Chicken Soup
Don’t spend too much time chopping and dicing the veggies perfectly as you are going to blend the soup at the end!
A homemade chicken soup is simply irresistible – treat your family to this delicious, heart warming soup!
- 30 g margarine
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 15 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 litre water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 300 g roast chicken meat, shredded
- 65 ml cream
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Melt margarine in a pot and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the carrots, celery and potatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes without colouring and stir frequently.
- Add the parsley, water, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and shredded chicken and allow to simmer until the veggies are cooked.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Using a hand blender blend to preferred thickness – for a chunky soup give it a quick whizz. For a smoother mouth feel blend well.
- Season with Robertsons Black Pepper and serve piping hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.