Spicy Coconut Fish Stew
Inspired by a classic from the Spice Island of Zanzibar, this quick, easy fish stew uses Robertsons Spice For Fish, Robertsons Ginger, coconut milk and fresh coriander to create beautifully fragrant layers of flavour. Use any firm white linefish of your choice, and serve with fluffy rice and lime wedges.
- 500 g firm white fish
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp Robertsons Spice for Fish
- 5 ml or 1 tsp Robertsons Ginger
- 15 ml or 3 tsp curry powder
- 60 ml 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 400 g or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml or 1 cup of coconut milk
- 5 ml or 1 tsp of lime juice
- Cube the fish into large pieces and set aside.
- Mix all the spices together.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat and gently cook the onions, pepper and spices for about 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add the canned tomato, coconut milk and lime juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.