Tempura Hot Dogs
Try this mouth-watering tempura hot dog recipe that just hits the spot. Crisp, golden and creamy Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise. A flavourful crunch in every bite.
- 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup white vinegar, heated
- 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 small fresh beetroot, peeled and julienned (1/2cm x 9cm strips)
- 250 ml or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup iced water
- 300 ml or 1.25 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 4 Vienna sausages (of your choice)
- 4 hot dog buns split and lightly toasted (if desired)
- 62.5 ml or 1/4 cup Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp sliced spring onions
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.