Corn and Bacon Salad
Charring fresh mielies over coals brings out all the sweet, nutty flavours in the kernels. Try combining them with Robertsons Braai & Grill Spicy BBQ, crispy bacon, red onions and sour cream to create a salad that will have everyone coming back for seconds. Take care not to overcook the corn: the kernels should still retain a slight crunch.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) softened butter
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Robertsons Braai & Grill Spicy BBQ
- 6 slices back bacon
- 4 sweetcorn on the cob
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Robertsons Thyme
- 10 ml (2 tsp) honey, warmed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) finely chopped chives
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.