Roast Chicken with a Mushroom and Bacon Stuffing
This whole chicken stuffed with mushroom, leeks, bacon and thyme makes a delicious family roast for lazy weekend days.
- 1 chicken, whole
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 100 g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 bacon rashers, rind removed and finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 34 g (1 sachet) Knorr Roast Meat gravy
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the stuffing, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushroom, bacon and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the bacon and mushroom is golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, thyme, egg and Knorr Roast Meat Gravy powder, and stir until combined.
- Loosely fill the chicken cavity with the stuffing.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and drizzle a little oil over it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Roast chicken for 1 ½ hours at 180°C, until succulent and golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.