Rigatoni with Roasted Tomato and Pumpkin Leaf Sauce
As one of our Future 50 Foods, pumpkin leaves (mekopu) are filled with all the goodness your body needs. In this recipe, you can try them in a delicious roasted tomato sauce, served on decadent rigatoni. Explore local flavours like never before in this crowd-pleasing dish.
- 400 g rigatoni
- 1.3 kg ripe tomatoes
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 sachet Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 cup young pumpkin leaves roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and the Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce and roast for 20 minutes or until caramelised.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Boil the rigatoni in the water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and drizzle with olive oil.
- Transfer the roasted tomatoes to a saucepan, bring to the boil and add the pumpkin leaves (mekopu).
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss the rigatoni pasta in the sauce and serve.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.