Our tasty mushroom risotto recipe is a not only an indulgent treat but easy to prepare with the help of a Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. No need to slave away in the kitchen making stock from scratch - everything you need is here!
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g Arborio rice (risotto rice)
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 800 ml hot water
- 125 ml white wine
- 100 g sugar snap peas, halved
- 60 g blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook the onion for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, to coat the rice.
- In a separate bowl mix together the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and water and set aside.
- Stir in the wine, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock to the rice a third at a time, bringing the rice back to the boil and simmering for 5 minutes over low heat each time.
- With the final addition of stock also add the sugar snaps and cheese. The risotto should be creamy and tender. Season (to taste) with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a little extra grated cheese.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.