Citrus-Baked Chicken with a Herby Bulgur Wheat Salad
It’s so easy to make deliciously tender chicken pieces in a Knorr Cook-in-Bag, which locks in all the flavoursome juices. Serve your chicken with a warm, zesty salad made with nutritious bulgur wheat and fresh herbs, plus sultanas for a lovely burst of sweetness.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 x Knorr lemon & Herbs Cook-in-Bag
- 1 medium-sized orange
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 50 g sultanas
- the zest and juice of 1 orange
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Put the chicken pieces into a bowl and sprinkle them with the contents of the sachet of seasoning mix from the Knorr Lemon & Herb Cook-in-Bag. Squeeze the juice of the orange all over the chicken pieces and mix well. Put the chicken into the bag, seal it and place on an oven tray.
- Turn on the oven to 180°C and roast the chicken for about 50 minutes, according to the instructions on the package.
- Now make the salad. In a big serving bowl, mix together the cooked bulgur wheat, coriander, parsley and sultanas. Stir in the orange zest and juice, and the lemon zest and juice. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Tip the chicken pieces in to a serving dish, together with any juices from the bag, and serve hot with the bulgur salad.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.