Golden Chicken Strips with Tomato and Mozzarella
Serve with green salad.
Can not afford to eat out this month? Treat your kids to home-made crispy chicken in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 15 ml basil, chopped
- 20 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 g chicken strips
- 38 g (1 sachet) Knorr classic white sauce
- 60 ml olive oil
- 410 g (1 can) tomato and onion mix
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Toss chicken in Knorr Classic White Sauce, shaking off excess.
- Dip in egg and coat in combined breadcrumbs and herbs.
- Fry in oil on a medium heat.
- Cook chicken in batches for 1-2 minutes each side, until browned.
- Pour one tin of tomato & onion mix over the bottom of the dish and top with half of chicken, and half the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers and season.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling and cheese is golden.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.