A nice and spicy chicken dish with the flavours of Portugal all cooked together in one bag!
- 1 Knorr Cook-in-Bag Spicy roast chicken
- 10 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 punnet mangetout
- 700 g sweet potatoes with skin intact, cubed
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 clove roughly garlic, chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons Portuguese chicken spice
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place chicken thighs, red pepper, mange tout, sweet potatoes, lemon juice, garlic and Portuguese Chicken Spice into the roasting bag and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
- Better For You Tips : Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to ordinaty potatoes as they are a lower GI option and leaving the skin on is a great way to retain the nutrients
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.