Shepherd's Pie is a great family meal. This dish is quick to prepare and is a great opportunity to add lots of vegetables for the kids. Don’t forget to sprinkle with extra cheese before baking to get a golden crispy topping.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 450 g lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 300 ml water
- 30 ml tomato ketchup
- 15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 150 g frozen peas
- 600 g hot potatoes, mashed
- 100 g cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add the lamb mince and cook for 7-8 minutes or until brown, stirring regularly. Add the onion and carrot, cook for further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Knorr Beef Stock Pot, water, tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes then add the peas.
- Pour lamb mixture into a 25 cm deep dish, and top with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.