Macaroni Cheese with Meatballs
Nothing beats the taste of homemade meatballs, and served with macaroni and cheese this dinner is a real treat for the kids.
- 50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 15 ml Robertsons mixed herbs
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 60 ml flour
- 15 ml oil
- 125 ml milk
- 310 ml water
- 30 ml margarine
- 128 g (1 sachet) Knorr macaroni and cheese pasta and sauce
- 34 g (1 sachet) Knorr brown onion gravy
- Combine breadcrumbs, mince, onion, egg, dried herbs and seasoning.
- Roll into 20 balls, coating in flour.
- Refrigerate for 10 min before frying in batches in hot oil.
- Place the milk, boiling water and Stork margarine in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the contents of the Knorr Macaroni and Cheese sachet and simmer for 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, cover and stand for 2 min.
- Pour contents of KNORR Brown Onion gravy into a jug and fill up to 250 ml mark with boiling water and stir with a fork for 1 minute and, allow to cool slightly.
- Roll the meatballs in the KNORR Brown Onion gravy and serve over macaroni.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.