Mexican Mince Tacos
Create a flavour fiesta for your family! Pile spicy beef into soft tacos, then top them with cool contrasting flavours: crisp lettuce, silky avocado and velvety sour cream. Finish with pickled red onions, coriander and lime wedges, then sit back and wait for the compliments.
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 500 g beef mince
- 15 ml or 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 30 ml or 2 tbsp Robertsons Spice for Mince
- 2.5 ml or 1/2 teaspoon Robertsons Peri Peri Spice
- 1 x 410 g tin of chopped canned tomatoes
- 12 tacos
- 500 ml or 2 cup of shredded crispy lettuce
- 2 avocados, diced
- 250 ml or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 30 g fresh coriander
- 3 limes, cut into 12 wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and green pepper and cook gently for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mince, tomato paste, Robertsons spices and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the canned tomato and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until thick and saucy.
- Heat the tacos according to the packaging instructions.
- Fill the tacos with shredded lettuce, spicy mince, avocado, sour cream and red onion.
- Top with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.