Sloppy-Joe Baked Potatoes
Bring a touch of heat to this American 1920s comfort food that’s sure to leave you full and satisfied.
- 6 medium-large potatoes cooked until soft
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar
- Mince filling:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp Rajah mild Masala curry powder
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 tin x 410g diced tomatoes
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ml salt to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- Optional for garnish:
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. As soon as the oven is hot - pop the potatoes onto a baking tray and into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the skins crisp up.
- To make the mince filling fry the onion in the oil over a medium heat until golden and cooked - about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder and cook for a minute.
- Add the mince and cook for about 5 minutes - make sure you stir the mince and break all the clumps apart.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef stock and seasoning.
- Leave to simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Cut a cross into the top of each potato and squeeze the sides so the potato opens up at the top.
- Fill each potato generously with the curry mince.
- Top with grated cheese and pop back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream and salsa.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.