Creamy Pork Fillet with Peppers and Paprika
These lean, tender pork fillets and sweet peppers in a creamy tomato-paprika sauce are delicious served with green veggies and mashed potatoes, or with quinoa, millet or lentils. Adding a little cream, a shower of parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving brings all the flavours together.
- 800 g pork fillets (about three fillets)
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 410 g tin tomato & onion mic
- 2.5 ml chilli flakes (optional)
- 375 ml water
- 30 ml Knorr Rich beef & Tomato Soup, plus extra water for mixing
- 10 ml Robertsons paprika
- 75 ml cream
- 1 ml Robertsons Atlantic salt and ground black pepper
- a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- finely chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cut the pork fillets into thick (about 2 cm) slices.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the pork slices, in a few batches, over a high heat and on both sides, until nicely browned, but not cooked all the way through. Set them aside on a plate.
- To the same pan, add the onion and peppers (you may need to add a little more oil) and fry over a medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, without allowing the garlic to brown.
- Add the tin of tomato onion mix, the water and the optional chilli flakes, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the peppers are very tender.
- To thicken the sauce, mix 2 Tbsp (30 ml) KNORR Rich Beef and Tomato Soup powder with 5 Tbsp (75 ml) water to form a smooth paste. Add this mixture into the pot and simmer over a low heat for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Return the pork slices to the pot, along with any juices that have collected on the plate, and stir in the paprika. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the pork is cooked right through but still tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, stir in the cream, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, or with cooked quinoa, millet or lentils.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.