Bangers and Mash with Brown Onion Gravy
A perfectly simple British classic – perfect for those cold winter days when your body is craving comfort food!
- pork sausages
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 50 ml margarine
- 50 ml milk
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- 300 ml water
- 30 ml Knorr brown onion Gravy
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Place the sausages into an ovenproof dish and grill at 180 C for 12-15 minutes turning occasionally until cooked through
- Place the cubed potatoes into boiling water and cook until tender
- When cooked, drain then mash with the margarine and milk until soft and fluffy
- To make the onion gravy heat sunflower oil in a pan and sauté the onion until tender
- Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Gravy with a little of the water to make a smooth paste
- Stir the mustard and remaining water into the pan then stir in the soup mixture and allow to simmer until thickened
- Serve the grilled sausages with the creamy mashed potatoes, brown onion gravy and green peas
- Tip – Add a splash of red wine to the pan when adding your mustard for some extra flavour!
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.