Chef Benny’s Boneless Chicken Curry
Chefs Benny's go-to chicken curry, perfect for any occasion. The simplest curry filled with a balance of flavours in its unique spice mix!
- 2 kilograms deboned chicken thighs, cubed
- 45 ml cooking oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) garlic
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ginger
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cardamom seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fennel seeds
- 4 sprigs of curry leaves
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Rajah Mild Masala curry powder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 2 chillies, chopped
- 1 ml (pinch) salt
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 glasses of water
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander (dhania), chopped
- In a large pot, sear the chicken pieces in 2 tbsp of oil until light -golden brown colour over high heat.
- Remove the chicken and lower the heat to medium, add 1 tbsp of oil to the same pot then add the onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the cardamom seeds, fennel seeds, and curry leaves and sauté for 1 min.
- Add the masala mix and turmeric powder then mix and sauté for another 2min.
- Add the seared chicken, mix and then add the tomato, tomato paste and chillies.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper
- Add the water and potatoes then cover and cook at medium heat for 15min.
- Add the peas, coriander, stir until well mixed. Check for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Allow to simmer for another 10-15min. Or until the potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with leftover coriander and serve with your choice of starch/bread and condiments.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.