Brown Lentil and Pumpkin Curry with Steamed Rice
Looking for an easy vegan dish that really packs a flavour punch? Brown lentils, pumpkin, ginger, garlic and spices come together in this fragrant Cape-style curry to create a nutritious, comforting meal perfect for chilly nights. Serve on a bed of steamed rice with plenty of black pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice, and fresh coriander.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 tomato, diced
- 5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 15 ml Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 500 g pumpkin cubes
- 800 ml water
- 50 g (1 sachet) Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup
- 2 x 400 g tins brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- fresh coriander, to garnish
- 2 cups steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and tomato, and sauté for a further three to four minutes.
- Add the Robertsons Crushed Chillies, Robertsons Turmeric and Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder.
- Sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Turn down the heat and simmer with lid on for 30 to 40 minutes, until the pumpkin is just cooked.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the Knorr Curry Vegetable soup and lentils and cook for a further 10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with steamed rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.