Pork and Pineapple Low Cost Curry
Better For You Tips: Ensure you trim off any excess, visible fat from your pork before cooking.
Try out this pork curry with a sweet and chilli flavour. It costs less and makes a great weekend treat for the family.
- 500 g pork, cubed
- 15 ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2.5 ml garlic, crushed
- 15 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 25 ml Rajah medium curry powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 400 ml boiling water
- 30 ml cornflour
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml brown sugar
- 30 ml tomato sauce
- 1 for dusting pineapple pieces, drained
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry pork cubes until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion has softened.
- Add the Rajah Medium Curry powder and cinnamon stick and fry for 2 minutes.
- In a jug, mix the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot with the boiling water, corn flour, soy sauce and tomato sauce and stir for 1 minute with a fork.
- Pour the sauce into the pan together with the pineapple pieces.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with fluffy white rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.