Vegetable and Bean Curry with Basmati Rice
Use a variety of vegetables to make this wholesome curry served with basmati rice.
- 15 ml oil
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 50 g celery sticks, chopped
- 5 ml garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Robertsons turmeric
- 200 g butternut chunks
- 50 g carrots, cut into chunks
- 300 g new potatoes, halved
- 400 ml water
- 1 x 48 gram sachet Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 200 g courgette (baby marrows), cut into chunks
- 200 g canned red kidney beans, drained
- 200 g canned butter beans, drained
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 300 g basmati rice in unsalted water, cooked
- In a large pot, fry onion and celery for 3 min.
- Add garlic and turmeric and lightly fry for 1 min.
- Add butternut, carrots and potatoes and fry for 3 min.
- Add 400ml cold water to the pot, stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Add baby marrows and simmer uncovered for 20 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and simmer for a further 20 min. Stir in coriander.
- Serve hot with basmati rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.