Spicy Broccoli and Mung Bean Curry
Bring the heat without any meat in this mouth-watering spicy broccoli and mung bean (dithlodi) curry recipe. As one of our Future 50 Foods, mung beans (dithlodi) are sustainable and packed with nutritional value. They bring untold flavour and goodness to this tasty curry dish.
- 200 g dried mung beans soaked overnight and drained
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- Knorr chakalaka soup
- 1 tsp Robertsons ground turmeric
- 400 ml tin light coconut milk
- fresh coriander to serve
- sliced chilli to serve
- 1 lime, juiced to serve
- Place the mung beans (dithlodi) in a saucepan and add 1 cup water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the mung beans (dithlodi) are tender. Drain.
- Toss the broccoli in the sunflower oil, Knorr Chakalaka Soup and turmeric powder.
- Heat a frying pan to high heat and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just browned.
- Add the mung beans (dithlodi) and coconut milk and stir well. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander and steamed rice on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.