Rustic Sausage Hotpot
The kids will love this sausage hotpot made with rice and a variety of peppers.
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thick strips
- 400 g can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 500 g beef sausages or sausage of your choice
- 15 ml olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan.
- Add sausages and cook, turning regularly, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the pan and slice thickly.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add remaining oil, onions and peppers to the frying pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice, tomatoes, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and sausages.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Set aside, covered, for 15 minutes (this allows rice to complete cooking).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon hotpot into serving bowls.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.