Spicy Chicken Livers and Mushrooms on Toasted Bread
Economical, tasty, iron-rich chicken livers are combined with mushrooms, cream, peri-peri spice and Knorr Rich Savoury Gravy to create a deliciously luxurious topping for slices of toasted ciabatta bread. Enjoy this easy dish for breakfast, lunch, or a quick-to-make family dinner.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 500 g chicken livers, trimmed
- 250 g button mushrooms, halved
- 15 ml Robertsons peri-peri
- 1 Knorr Rich savoury Gravy
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml cream
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper
- 4 slices ciabatta bread, toasted
- Heat the butter in a pan over a high heat. Add the chicken livers and sauté quickly until golden, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden. Stir in the Robertsons Peri Peri and cook for a further minute. Add the contents of the sachet of Knorr Rich Savoury Gravy, the water and the cream. Stir well, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat. Simmer for about five minutes, then return the chicken livers to the pan.
- Simmer for a further 10 to 15 minutes, or until the livers are cooked through. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Serve the chicken livers with the ciabatta toast.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.