Spinach with a Cheesy Breadcrumb Topping
Better For You: For a tastier and healthier option of this dish, use a variety of roasted, crushed seeds such as sunflower, sesame and pumpkin and mix them into the breadcrumb and cheese topping.
Delicious creamy fresh spinach topped with a crispy cheesy breadcrumb topping - a winning family dish!
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 bunches spinach, washed and chopped
- 250 ml hot milk
- 1 sachet Knorr Classic White Sauce
- 1 ml Robertsons Nutmeg (sprinkle)
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Robertsons Black Pepper, to season
- 45 ml margarine, melted
- 250 ml breadcrumbs
- 60 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Nut Free
whatsfordinner Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.