Chicken, Corn and Avocado Quesadillas
Bring the flavours of Mexico to the family table with these super-easy quesadillas! Roast your chicken in a Knorr Cook-in-Bag for maximum juiciness, add a tin of corn kernels from the cupboard, then pack in the vitamins by adding red onion, avocado, fresh coriander and lime juice.
- 8 pieces of chicken (thighs & drumsticks)
- 35 g Knorr spicy roast chicken cook-in-bag
- 8 large burrito tortillas
- 80 g cream cheese
- 1 x 400 g tin corn kernels, drained
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 30 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- Season No need to preheat oven. Place 1 kg chicken and fresh ingredients into bag (max 1.5 kg) and sprinkle with seasoning powder. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Mix Very gently massage seasoning powder into chicken on a stable surface. Ensure seasoning is evenly spread. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven). Carefully cut bag open, coat chicken pieces in any remaining juices and transfer to a serving dish. Spoon leftover sauce over your meal.
- Remove from the bag and allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough, start to shred the chicken pieces, discarding the bones.
- Place your tortillas onto a clean surface. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over each tortilla.
- Divide the chicken, corn, cheddar, onion, avocado and coriander evenly over 4 tortillas. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Press the tortilla with just the cream cheese onto the one with the filling. Firmly press the edges together so it is enclosed.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle pan on a high heat. One by one, cook each tortilla so they are coloured on both sides, then put them into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once they are out of the oven, cut each tortilla in quarters. Serve warm with dipping sauce of your choice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.