Robertsons Famous for Flavour
Terms & Conditions
29th March 2023 – December 2023
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are over the age of 18 years and in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. This promotional competition is open for entries from 29 March to 31 May 2023.
7. 3 phases of the promotional competition will run from 29 March to 8th September 2023 when the final top 3 will be engaged and profiled by the Promoter, leading to the final winner:
- Phase1 (29 March to 31 May 2023): participants must sign up on the Robertsons Website(https://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/robertsons/famous-for-flavour/)("Website") and upload an image of themselves holding their Robertsons spice cooked dish and recipe. The Promoter will make the selection of the top 9 recipes;
- Phase 2 (17 June 2023 to 19 August 2023): the top 9 finalists ("Finalists") recipes will be available for download. During this time the top 3 winners ("Winner/s') will be voted for by the public with the final selection being made by the Promoter; and
- Phase 3 (8th September 2023): the Winners and recipes will be announced.
8. To enter, participants will be required to submit an image of themselves holding their dish and recipe of that dish, in which they have incorporated Robertsons Spices. The participants can upload the image and recipe via the Website. The participants that meet the requirements of this clause shall qualify as an entrant in the Promotion (“Entrant”).
9. Entrants must enter their correct contact details. If a Winner/Finalist has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner/Finalist in terms of the rules.
10. Entrants are permitted 1 (one) entry per recipe, however entrants are allowed to enter the competition more than once, provided that each entry features one recipe and contains use of Robertsons Spices.
11. Unilever and the brand team hold the right to select winners based on their judging criteria and recipes submitted.
12. The prizes comprise of both cash and hampers ("Prize"). The breakdown of the Prize is as follows:
- The Winner's will receive R20 000.00 in cash.
- The Finalists will receive a hamper to the value of approximately R25 500.00. Products contained in the hamper are not negotiable and subject to availability.
- Should a product from the prize list not be available the promoter will provide an alternative prize of the same value.
13. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
14. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
15. Creativity: How to creatively re-create a dish using Robertsons spices with a dash of your personality.
16. Presentation and execution: The submitted dish meets the criteria of the submitted category dietary requirements are clear i.e vegetarian dishes are prepared with the correct ingredients.
17. Use of theme: How well has the Entrant portrayed “Make famous” theme.
18. Appearance: The Entrant must include an image of the dish that they prepared, in order apply this judging criteria.
19. Cost effective: The recipe must be affordable and not have a long list of ingredients. The ingredients required, must be readily available in S.A.
20. Technique: Have good cooking techniques (like knife skills for example) – which will be important when potentially shooting video content and in live cooking demos.
21. In addition the Entrants must:
- use Robertsons spices in their meals.
- Be prepared to share recipes and photographs as part of the entry process.
- Adhere to any and all hygiene standards.
- Agree to all travel and appearance commitments of the promotion.
- Be prepared to travel and cook in activation roadshows in the major provinces (KZN, GP, WP).
- Be confident to cook and present dishes live in front of an audience.
- Be confident with minor “to-camera” communication and interviews.
- Agree to all contractual and brand requirements (including agreed-upon appearances throughout the promotion period – in person and across all media including Social Media).
- Agree to background checks.
- Agree to sign usage agreements.
- Agree to sign UL brand ambassador contract.
22. Over a 6-week period, recipes will be vetted and shortlisted based on the aforesaid judging criteria. 9 finalists will be selected by Unilever and announced to the public. The Winners voted by the public and the Unilever brand team will be selected and awarded their grand prize.
23. The Finalists and Winners will be promoted and displayed on the Robertsons Website during the campaign period. The Finalists and Winners will be required to sign usage contracts allowing the brand to produce promotional content.
24. Entrants submitting their recipes to Robertsons give the brand permission to utilize the recipes on the brand site and social pages, this includes promotional material.
25. The Finalists and Winners will be required to provide their name, ID number, Copy of their identity document, and contact details and to sign a usage contract for their participation in the campaign.
26. Finalists will be required to attend regional activations in one of the major provinces of Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal or Western Cape. During these activations, the Finalists will be required to participate in a cook-off which will voted by the public on the day.
27. The Promoter will count the votes on the day of cook off to declare the Winners.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to select the Winners.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
29. The Prize includes delivery and the Winners and Finalists will be required to provide the Promoter with a valid day and time delivery address to enable delivery.
30. Should the Finalist/s be unable to attend the activation on the specified dates, their selection will be forfeited and another Finalist may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
31. The Finalists living outside Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal or Western Cape will be transported to the region where the activation will take place. Accommodation, transport and food will be covered for the period of the activation.
32. Any additional expenses will be at the Finalist's own expense, including but not limited, to any additional meals, activity, transportation, excursions, accommodation and all other costs and arrangements.
33. Finalists must allow the Promoter a reasonable period to arrange for accommodation and transportation and must provide the Promoter with all information and original documentation required for this purpose, including an Identity Document valid in South Africa.
FINALISTS AND WINNERS OBLIGATIONS
34. The Winners will be required to post on your social media (Instagram) at least four times per month during the contract period. The posts will be a combination of stories, still images and video content. You are permitted to share the same content onto other social media platforms. All social media content will have to be approved before it's posted.
35. The winner will be required to provide a report of your monthly social media activity. A template will be provided.
36. The Finalists/Winners will be required to attend at least four interviews during the contract period. These may be physical, telephonic or virtual. These will be communicated to you timeously.
37. The Finalists/Winner will be required to attend virtual briefing sessions throughout the contract period. These will be communicated to you timeously
38. The Finalists/Winners will be required to attend at least four interviews during the contract period. These may be physical, telephonic or virtual. These will be communicated to you timeously
39. The Winners will be required to develop two recipes per month during the contract period. The recipes will have to be vetted and tested by The Promoter.
40. The Finalists/Winners will be required to attend campaign photo shoots. These will be communicated to you timeously.
41. The Finalists/Winners will be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release form.
42. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website https://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/robertsons-famous-for-flavour-ts-and-cs/ throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 151 141 or from the https://www.whatsfordinner.co.za/ website.
43. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 3 days will disqualify the Winner/Finalist and a new Winner/Finalist will be drawn in terms of these rules.
44. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
45. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
47. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
48. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone, Google or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
49. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
50. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
51. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
52. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
53. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
54. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
55. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
56. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
57. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.