Aromatic Aubergine, Apricot and Chickpea Tagine with Millet
Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce adds a hearty flavour to this aubergine and chickpea tagine. Serve with millet from our list of Future 50 Foods - one of Africa's favourite and most nutritious grains.
- 2 large aubergines cut into cubes
- 2 red onions peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 300 g cherry tomatoes drizzled in olive oil
- 1 ml salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- Knorr tomato base dry cook-in-sauce
- 500 ml Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 400 g peeled and diced tinned tomatoes
- 400 g tinned chickpeas drained
- handful fresh coriander to garnish
- 174 g (more or less) per 4 servings each of cooked millet
- dried apricots diced to top
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the aubergine cubes, red-onion wedges, garlic and cherry tomatoes in a large roasting tray. Generously drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste. Roast in the preheated oven until the aubergines are cooked, about 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, combine the Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce with the Knorr Beef/ Vegetable Stock, peeled and diced tomatoes, and the drained chickpeas in a large saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat until the tagine recipe mix has dissolved. Add the roasted vegetables and bring to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer, uncovered, until the tagine thickens slightly, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve the tagine warm, topped with the dried apricots and garnished with the fresh coriander, and the cooked millet alongside.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.