Spiced Roast Carrot and Coconut Soup
Rich in Vitamin A and packed with important antioxidants, carrots are the hero ingredient in this soul-warming vegan soup flavoured with ginger, garlic and chillies. Roasting carrots helps to intensify their natural sweetness. Use coconut milk to round out the flavours, and serve with plenty of warm crusty bread.
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2.5 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 thumb - sized piece, ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons crushed chillies
- 5 ml Robertsons cayenne pepper
- 400 ml (1 tin) coconut milk
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g (1 x sachet) Knorr Minestrone Soup
- 10 ml lemon juice
- crusty bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place the carrots on a baking tray and drizzle with 30ml of the olive oil. Season to taste with Robertsons Black Pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until caramelised.
- Heat the remaining 15ml olive oil in a pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for five to seven minutes, or until soft.
- Add the roasted carrots, Robertsons Crushed Chillies, Robertsons Cayenne Pepper, coconut milk, vegetable stock, and the contents of the sachet of Knorr Minestrone Soup. Stir well, bring to the boil and then turn down the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth, then season to taste with lemon juice and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Serve hot, with crusty bread on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.