Light, fresh and full of taste. This lentil soup is made flavoursome by the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, garlic, chilli and sautéed onions with pancetta. Finished with gentle hints of cumin, coriander and parsley, this soup makes a great, quick lunch.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 200 g pancetta, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 300 g red lentils, washed
- 1 l boiling water
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 45 ml freshly parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and pancetta and cook gently on low heat for 3-5 minutes until the onion is soft but not brown. Add the garlic and chilli, and cook on low heat for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Add the cumin, coriander and lentils. Cook on low heat for a further minute, stirring regularly.
- Add the hot water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, reduce to low heat and simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft and tender.
- Add lemon juice, spinach and freshly chopped parsley. Simmer for 1 minute and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.